Cherry Chocolate Popcorn Heart Bouquets
These make a great edible gift for valentine’s day, or any time you want to show someone a little love.
12 cups popped Jolly Time Blast O Butter Microwave Pop Corn
1 1/2 cups cups dried tart cherries
1 bag (1 lb) mini marshmallows
1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped vanilla candy coating
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate morsels
As needed long lollipop sticks or thick bamboo skewers
As needed red food coloring
- Mix popcorn and cherries in a large bowl
- Place marshmallows, white chocolate, and butter in a large sauce pan. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in a few drops of red food color to tint the mixture pink. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn; toss gently until well coated.
- With wet or buttered hands, press mixture into a 3-1/2 to 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter (place cutter on a foil-lined baking sheet; press in popcorn, then lift cutter off). Insert a lollipop stick in the base of each heart.
- Allow popcorn hearts to cool completely. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate. Drizzle over hearts. Allow to harden.
- Wrap hearts in cellophane and tie with ribbon; stand them up in a vase or jar as a centerpiece or gift.