1 pkg. medium noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
l pound round steak, chopped
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. diced cheddar or any sharp cheese
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut in half
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
3 fresh tomatoes
- Use a heavy, large skillet to prepare this one-dish casserole on the stove top.
- Cook the chopped onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Add the chopped round steak, and cook until brown.
- Add all seasonings, tomatoes cut in wedges and cheese.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles. Pour in enough milk to half-cover all of the ingredients you have cooked in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with your choice of cooked green vegetable or a green salad. Serves 4 nicely.