Southern Shrimp and Squash Casserole
Shrimp shelled, cleaned, tails removed
1-1/4 cup butter
5 tsp. sea salt per cup of shrimp Yellow squash sized to cook 3 to 6 cups after cooking
1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce per cupful of mashed squash Heavy ground pepper to taste Packaged bread crumbs
- Bring to a boil enough water to cover the cleaned and shelled shrimp.
- Boil shrimp covered with water and seasoned with 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and 2 tsp. salt until done and soft.
- Shred the cooked shrimp. Set aside.
- Peel and scrape the squash, and cut cubes into a stovetop pan. Add just a very little amount of water and 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until the squash is well done.
- Mash the cooked squash thoroughly, and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, 3 tsp. sea salt, and ground pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To every cup of mashed squash, add 1/2 cup of shredded shrimp. Mix the two together, and place in a well-buttered casserole.
- Top the casserole with bread crumbs, and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Bake for thirty minutes. Serve with a green salad.