1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp hot sauce
1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
3/4 cups finely crushed rice crackers
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 medium-sized potatoes
1/2 medium-size onion
6 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice 1 lb. of fresh, boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) into 1 inch wide strips.
- Mix 1/4 cup of milk, 2 tbsp. of hot sauce and 1/2 cup of olive oil mayonnaise together in a bowl until well blended.
- Finely crush enough rice crackers (any flavor) to make about 3/4 cup of crumbs, and then mix in 1/3 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dip a strip of chicken in the mayonnaise and then the cracker/cheese crumbs. Dip it again in the mayonnaise and then lastly the cracker/cheese crumbs. Place the “double breaded” strip on a baking sheet that has been lighly oiled to prevent sticking. Repeat step 4 for the remaining chicken strips.
- Bake the strips (not touching) for 2025 minutes. Half way through the baking time, turn the strips.
- While the chicken strips are baking, wash and cut three medium-sized potatoes into chunks and dice 1/2 a medium-size onion. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 tbsp. of water and microwave in a covered dish for 6-8 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, mix 6 oz. of plain non-fat Greek yogurt with 1 tsp. of ime juice and 2 tbsp. of chopped, fresh cilantro. (2 tsp. of dried cilantro can be used instead of fresh cilantro)
- Serve 1/4 of the chicken strips and 1/4 of the dipping sauce, with 1/4 the the potatoes and 4-5 celery and carrot sticks. (For a little more heat, add some hot sauce to the dipping sauce.)
For these and other tasty recipes visit commissaries.com