The only problem with Thanksgiving is it doesn’t feature enough cheese! Amiright? Yes. Well, thankfully, CHEETOS® is here to help. It’s easy! Just grab some turkey cutlets, blitz up some Crunchy CHEETOS® in your food processor, coat, and fry. Then, for an extra cheesy bite, add some sliced mozzarella, plenty of Parmigiano Reggiano, and at least a jar (or two!) of your favorite red sauce. Wham, the perfect cheesy CHEETOS® Thanksgiving meal you can cook up in less than an hour. That’s a whole lot faster than baking a turkey, and much, much cheesier! Enjoy the crunch!
- 2 Twenty-four Oz. Jars of Your Favorite Red Sauce
- 1 Recipe Stuffing Seasoned CHEETOS® Fried Turkey Cutlets (*See Below)
- ¾ Pound Sliced Whole Milk Mozzarella
- ¼ Pound Parmigiano Reggiano
- 6 Sage Leaves (Garnish)
*Stuffing Seasoned Cheetos® Fried Turkey Cutlets Ingredients:
- 1 Fifteen Oz. Bag Crunchy CHEETOS®
- 6 Large Sage Leaves
- 2 Three Inch Sprigs Rosemary Leaves Picked
- 2 Large Sprigs Thyme Leaves Picked
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Cornstarch
- 2.5 Pounds Turkey Breast, Cut into 8 Oz. portions (½ inch thick)
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Most turkey breasts are sold as whole pieces, roughly 2.5 to 3 pounds in weight. If you can find a butcher to prepare cutlets for you, wonderful. Ask for 6 eight Oz. 1/4 cutlets.
- If not…Take your turkey breast and trim off any odd bits, then divide it into even portions by weight; around 8 Oz. per piece. Depending on the weight of your breast, you may get more and that’s okay!
- Place each piece between two pieces of parchment and pound out with a rolling pin, meat mallet, or other blunt instrument until even across and ½ inch thick and set aside.
- Season turkey breast cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Set into a large wide bowl, and then in two other bowls add cornstarch and beaten eggs separately.
- Add olive oil into the deep frying pan and bring to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take each individual turkey cutlet and dust into cornstarch, shaking off excess and then dipping into egg and then finishing in CHEETOS® dust.
- Fry each piece in oil, and fry until crisp and golden on each side, roughly two minutes per side.
- Remove each piece to a sheet tray when finished, arranging pieces so they fit.
- Top each piece with ¼ cup sauce and spread to cover almost to the edge. You will have almost half the sauce left over! Enough to double the portion for a large family or make a side of pasta.
- Liberally grate parmigiano reggiano over the top of everything; you may not use it all.
- Evenly distribute slices of mozzarella over the tops of cutlets, and set into the oven to melt and brown, it should take roughly 15 minutes
- Top each piece with sage leaf and crushed CHEETOS® for garnish, serve immediately.